Architecture preview

The UFO House 

1. It was never specified who built it. 
2. The construction started in 1978 but ended and changed a lot. 
3. In the Sanzhi district 
4. The buildings were torn down. 
5. 24 million US dollars on rebuilding it. 
6. The original intention was for it to look futuristic but the builders went bankrupt and couldn't complete it. 
7. I chose this building because while I was looking through the names, UFO stuck out to me. I was really interested in seeing what this meant and what they looked like. Reading about the suicides and deaths during construction was very interesting to me. 


Kansas City Public Library, United States 

1. Kansas City board of trustees 
2. 2004
3. Kansas City, Missouri 
4. It is still a public library in use today, anyone can go to it. 
5. Unknown
6. It was created for the Kansas City readers and voted on. 
7. I chose this because I was curious as to why a library would be put in that list of unique architecture projects. The idea to make giant books to resemble a bookshelf is such a fun and clever idea. I really enjoyed researching this place. 

Strong National Museum of Play, United States 

1. New York native Margaret Woodbury Strong
2. Built in 1969 but opened to the public in 1982 
3. Rochester, New York 
4. It is open to the public 
5. Unknown 
6. Dedicated to the study of play and to show different toys overtime 
7. I chose this because I was not aware that there was a Museum of Play in the U.S. This would definitely be a place i'd visit if  I were going to go back to New York. Very cool vision turned into reality by Margaret Strong. 

Sculptured House 

1. Charles Deaton 
2. 1963 
3. Genessee Mountain 
4. It is private 
5. $3.1 M
6. Based on the Woody Allen sci-fi comedy, Sleeper 
7. I chose this house because it stuck out to me, and I wanted to know why it was built. It is pretty cool when people build things from movies or TV shows. It brings fiction to reality.


Habitat 67, Canada 

1. Moshe Safdie
2. 1967
3. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4. It is private residency 
5. $22,120,000 for all of them to be completed. 
6. A thesis project at McGill University, then turned into a real thing. 
7. I chose this because the name was really interesting to me. I really liked the name for some reason and I wanted to know why it was named that. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Preview

Spy movie script!

HDR photography