Welcome 2018


 This is one of my favorite photos of 2017 because it has so many things happening at once. The volcanic eruption is the main subject, but then the lightning striking just adds even more to this photo. I am pretty crazy about weather so I find this to be very intriguing.



This photo immediately caught my eye, hehe aren't I just so punny? Anyway, this photo got my attention because I thought that whoever did this wanted to be seen or heard. I love this photograph very much.


I love everything about this picture. From the shutter speed affecting the motion of everyone, to the bright colors, and to the Washington monument directly in the center. This photo was taken at the women's march in Washington DC.


1.

I think the best song of 2017 was 1-800-273-8255 by Logic because it was one of the few songs with a meaningful message. It raised awareness for mental illness by the title of the song, and the music video. This song is not my favorite song but it was easily the best of 2017.

2.


The best movie of 2017 was Star Wars: The Last Jedi. This episode, episode 8, was very well put together. Carrie Fisher died in 2016, but her legacy has been carried on through this movie, and all of the other Star Wars movies she was in. Many plot twists were brought upon in this episode, some didn't appreciate them as much as others. I thought that it couldn't have been better.

3.

I think the removal of DACA was the biggest news story of the year. I think it was a huge mistake to do that, of course I think Trump himself is a mistake, but that's a whole other story. There are so many dreamers in America who grew up here and don't even remember their previous life in another country. There are some that do. Everyone deserves to have the life they deserve, and Trump is taking that away. People who represent American culture aren't even from the United States, but they are still American. America is made of immigrants, there isn't a reason to kick them out.


4.

The most important people of 2017 are the dreamers. I say this because they may not matter to our president, but they sure do matter to most people, especially when you are related to some. The dreamers and their families, and anyone else who wanted to stand up for the rights of themselves and others did. There were protests all across the country. You'd think that when there are protests around the country multiple times in a year that the issue would be fixed, I guess some people can't see what is right in front of them.-sorry I keep trash talking our president-

5.


 I think the biggest sports story of 2017 was NFL players taking a knee during the National Anthem. People have the right to not stand and put their hand over their heart. It is not illegal, it is just disrespectful to some. It may be the National Football League, but it is still just a sport, and if someone doesn't believe in something then they should not have to stand for it.

My Holiday

1. One thing I will remember for the rest of my life is my trip to New York....and getting trapped in an elevator in the Walgreens in Times Square. Our hotel was in Times Square and we wanted some midnight snacks. We decided to walk down a block to Walgreens. The ball that drops on New Years is a part of the building Walgreens is in- just a fun fact. The Walgreens was three stories, the escalators were super crowded, so we decided to take the elevator. We get in, the doors close, the button doesn't work to go to the first floor. Then we are waiting for a minute or so, when the elevator drops a foot, really fast, so we were concerned and freaked out. We press the call button to call 911, but it didn't work, so we pressed the button to call the Walgreens workers. FDNY came around five minutes later. They tried to pry the doors open with some tools, but it didn't work, so they got air bags and got us out. It was the scariest experience because it is my worst fear to get trapped in an elevator. But the story doesn't end there. As we were walking out of Walgreens, NYPD was on the first floor arresting some workers. Apparently they had assaulted a woman while we were stuck in the elevator. Then we were walking into Forever 21, and this guy had overdosed on something and there was an ambulance. That day was very crazy and eventful, but I learned some valuable lessons. Don't take an elevator when you are only three floors up, don't go anywhere by yourself in NYC, and don't do drugs. Drugs are bad. 

2. My resolutions for 2018 are:
-To not let people try to control me
-To not let my anxiety get in the way of me doing anything
-To maintain a healthy diet, by that I mean to eat and not starve myself...pretty dark but you asked. 

3. I am looking forward to having fun with the people I love this year!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Preview

Spy movie script!

HDR photography