Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO

Aperture 

 A photo with f/2.8 aperture 

A photo with f/25 aperture 

1. The part of the body that we should closely relate aperture is the face. 

2. The smaller the aperture, the higher the f number, the higher the aperture, the lower the f number. 

3.  The higher the aperture, the subject is focused on more, and everything else is blurred, therefore the depth of field is shallow. 



Shutter Speed 

Slower shutter speed 


Higher shutter speed 


a) I would use a slow shutter speed if I were to take a picture of a booth in the middle of the courtyard because I can imagine how crowded it would be. 
b) I would use a slow shutter speed if I was near a food booth, again, because of it being crowded. 
c) I would use a higher shutter speed if I was taking pictures of the silver stars performing in the gym to focus on one of the dancer doing a leap or some cool dance move. 
d) I would use a slower shutter speed to take a picture of the people dancing in the courtyard to get a good amount of the picture in it. 
e) I would use a slower shutter speed to kind of blur everyone spilling into the entrance of the school. 
f) I would use a higher shutter speed to capture each individual person shooting basketballs. 

Section 2 
a) I would use a slower shutter speed to take a picture in low lighting. 
b) I would use a slower shutter speed if outside near a food booth at night. 
c) I would use a higher shutter speed to take pictures of the silver stars performing.
d) I would use a slower shutter speed to take pictures of people outside in the courtyard dancing. 
e) I would still use a slower shutter speed for people streaming in to capture how chaotic it was. 
f) I would use a higher shutter speed to capture the basketball booth. 

1. You can use aperture priority, shutter priority, and manual mode where you set both of those on. 

ISO 

 ISO 200 

ISO 3200 

1. The advantages of shooting at a higher ISO at a night football game, are that you can adjust the sensitivity and take low light photos. 
2. You should use low ISO whenever there is light around. 
3. You should use high ISO whenever there is little lighting.

Settings on DSLR camera
Aperture: 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 6, 22
Shutter Speed: 1 second, 1/60 second, 1/4000 second
ISO: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 128000, 256000 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Preview

Spy movie script!

HDR photography